Things that need to occur BEFORE Sunday, June 15th
- HEALTH FORMS – VERY IMPORTANT! If you haven’t turned it in to Emily, please do so right away. Remember if you do not have a health form, you will not be allowed to depart for camp. Also include a copy of your insurance card. [CLICK HERE for a link to the health form]
- ADULT TRAINING – Any adult attending summer camp (full or part time) must be trained in their registered position. For most of you this is a committee member and Youth Protection Training. All training can be done online and only takes 30 minutes or so. Make sure you are current in your training.
- CODE OF CONDUCT – [CLICK HERE to download the code of conduct] This form is required to be reviewed and signed by all scouts and any Full and Part time leaders. Please turn in these forms to Mr. Emch or Mr. Stoskopf at Monday’s meeting or on Sunday morning prior to departure.
- FAMILY DAY MEAL – If you have not signed up your dishes for the family day pot luck meal, please do so ASAP. Mrs. Luginbill and Mrs. Gonzales are coordinating the family meal. With 60 in Camp and another 120-140 visitors, we will need plenty of food!
- MERIT BADGE SIGN-UPS – Scouts, please send Mr. Wood the list of merit badges, and times ASAP. If you don’t sign up for merit badges, you will be signed up for helping the Trail to First Class Program and other service projects. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PACKING YOUR GEAR – Start packing your gear. Do not wait until the night before. [CLICK HERE FOR A BARTLE PACKING LIST] Also for all first year scouts and any others planning on taking swimming merit badge, be sure to pack a long sleeve button down shirt and a pair of long pants (slacks, not jeans), keep in mind these will get wet! Also, make sure your swimming trunks & towel are the last thing you pack so they are quickly accessible. (Or pack your suit, towel and sack lunch in a sling back pack.)
- MERIT BADGE PRE-REQUISITES – Not all merit badges can be completed at summer camp, some have work that needs to be completed prior to arrival (Environmental Science is one of them First Year Scouts). Be sure to have all the necessary work completed.
- TRIBESMAN – Don’t forget to pack your tribal attire.
- TENT PARTNERS – You need to have your tent partner identified prior to arriving at camp. This includes all Adult Leaders.
Things that need to occur THE MORNING WE DEPART for camp, June 15th
- ARRIVAL – Arrive at the Garmin parking lot (Just south of the Olathe Christian Church at the corner of Ridgeview and 151st St) no later than 8:00am, our plan is to get the trailer packed, the troop photo taken and get on the road sometime before 9:00am.
- MEDICATIONS – Have all medications in their original containers along with an index card with your scouts name and dosing instructions on it in a zip lock bag. Mrs. McBee & Mr. Maddox will be collecting these along with any last minute health forms.
- MONEY – If you want the banker to hold onto your money, please have it in an envelope with the Scouts name and the amount enclosed in a zip lock bag. Mr. Mealman will be the banker at summer camp and will be collecting these the morning of our departure.
- FOOTLOCKER LOCKS – Please have the combination to your footlocker written on an index card and give it to the banker the morning we depart. Likewise if you have a keyed lock, please put an extra key along with your name in an envelope and give it to the banker.
- SACK LUNCH – Bring a sack lunch to eat on the way down. We will eat lunch in the Lone Star Parking lot waiting in line for the gates to open. Our first meal at camp will be dinner that evening.
- CLASS A UNIFORMS – remember we travel in our Class A uniforms! That means shirt, neckerchief and neckerchief slide! If you have shorts as well that would be great but not required. (Bring a hanger to hang your uniform when not in use.)
- TROOP PHOTO – Just before we leave we will assemble and get a troop photo (this is the photo that is on the main page of our troop website.
Things that need to occur WHEN WE ARRIVE at camp. (Approx. 12:00pm June 15th)
- We will meet our camp commissioner and he will inspect our tents & cots to make sure everything is in good order. If you notice that your cot or tent is torn or broke, please let us know right away so we can make note of it and not get charged for it.
- Scouts will unload their campbox, take it to their tent and immediately change into your swim suits DO NOT UNPACK, DO NOT GO EXPLORING!. Once you have changed, assemble as a troop at the flag pole and the troop along with Mrs. McBee and the health forms and you will head to the pool for health re-check and swim test.
- Old Dogs will proceed to the commissioners cabin for adult check in.
- Once you have completed all of this you are free to return to your tent and begin unpacking. Remember we operate by the buddy system at camp so don’t go taking off on your own.
- That evening we will enjoy the first of many gourmet camp meals! If you signed up for Cope or Watersports, pay close attention at dinner as sign ups are typically right after dinner.
Then it’s time to enjoy 10 Days of Summer Camp!