Troop 412’s November camp out will take place at Jacob’s Cave near Versailles, MO on December 11, 12 and 13.
The cost of the camp out will be $25 per person over and above regular meal and fuel costs, but will be well worth it. Between breakfast and lunch, we’ll get a guided tour of the cave, along with a talk about geology, caves and minerals.
After lunch, the boys will be set free to explore the muddy section of the cave. And on Sunday morning all cave adventurers will receive a special patch!
Beyond your normal camping list, you will need the following to explore the cave without:
- A complete set of clothes that may get destroyed
- A sturdy trash bag for muddy clothes
- A hard helmet. (A bicycle helmet will do)
- A headlamp (Duct tape it to your helmet
- A flashlight
- Waterproof matches and a candle (a ziplock back works)
- Glow sticks (recommended for emergency)
- Boots (you do not have to throw away your boots, but they will get muddy)
- Duct Tape (to tape your boots to your jeans)
- Knee pads
- Gloves (disposable cotton gloves are fine)
- A beach towel (You’ll be getting hosed off after the cave!)